Of course you can use any charcoal in these incredible little grills but to really fulfill their potential and do them justice the preferred fuel is the revered Binchotan Charcoal, also known as Japanese White Charcoal - Highly regarded as the best Charcoal in the World!
After months of trying to source affordable Binchotan, we have settled on a respected Sumi Bincho Briquette that comes in 10kg Boxes, and shares many of the attributes of the most expensive Binchotan. I have personally trialed the Charcoal and am fortunate enough to have the award winning BBQ team Smoking Salop also use the product....
"The fineness and high quality of binchō-tan are attributed to steaming at high temperatures (about 1000 degrees Celsius). Although it is often thought that binchō-tan burns hot, it actually burns at a lower temperature than ordinary charcoal but for a longer period, making it preferable by a number of chefs." Wikipedia
Our Sumi Binchotan Briquettes
Not Your Average Charcoal Starter Chimney....
Fitted with the Hellrazr heavy weight Carbon Steel Grill it doubles as a substantial portable Travel BBQ perfect for Trips away
The Hellrazr incinerator is a very different kind of BBQ Starter Chimney. Expertly designed using only the best quality materials - This piece of kit doubles as a portable bbq, perfect for travel.
Built strong and made in Canada for a lifetime of use and abuse.
- Precision laser cut 1/4 inch thick carbon steel grids
- Constructed from laser cut 11 gauge structural steel plate
- Holds up to 10 lbs of coal
- Can be used as a charcoal starter, portable camping stove and barbecue
- Light up quickly, burn like hellfire
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Ceramic and silicone based paint resistant up to 1200 ° F
- Extreme construction for intensive use