MINOSHARP 220br Shinkansen Ceramic Water Sharpener
Using a variety of quality different grain whetsones is the preffered method for sharpening your Japanese knife. But this is Best done by a proffesional...
A little secret - Restauarant Chefs don't generally sharpen their own knives. They 'HONE' their knives daily but usually once a month they will call in a quality knife sharpener.
Chefslocker does not sell Japanese Whetsones. This is a specialised area and you can do more harm than good if you don't know what your doing.
The Minosharp makes sharpening your knives easy.
First Fill the dish with a little water, then gently pass the knife through each of the graded grinding rollers without exercising too much pressure
- It only takes 7 to 14 strokes on each ceramic wheel
- Includes 2 ceramic wheels -
(One coarse groove, one finer groove to finish)
- Angled at 15 degrees for most Japanese knives -
(Not Suitable for Western Knives / Serrated Knives / Single Bevel Knives)
- The addition of water acts much like a whetstone would -
- Non slip base -
- Extensive Instructions in English -
- Tested + Approved by CATRA UK